Quest Waste Management has been classified as an ‘essential service provider’ by the UK Government for the duration of the Covid-19 crisis.
Our services will continue as normal, with modifications to the methods of working in line with current government guidelines.
Based on recent government advice and guidelines, at Quest Waste Management we are taking all the relevant precautions to ensure our employees and customers are kept safe at all times.
All staff members are to self-isolate for 14 days if they begin to display symptoms and statutory pay will be provided from the first day to avoid staff working throughout an illness.
We have put in place other safety measures to limit the spread of Coronavirus, such as:
- Staff will use contact free methods to sign any relevant paperwork to avoid contact
- Staff will ask customers upon initial contact if they have any known cases or individuals have come into contact with people who have Coronavirus, and if any individuals on site are displaying symptoms
- Social distancing, where needed, by staying two metres apart
- Quest Waste Management offices will be deep-cleaned on a regular basis
- Cleaning wipes are provided to drivers so they can disinfect their vehicle at the end of every working day
- Notices inside and outside offices, asking visitors to refrain from entering the offices
- Staff are equipped with PPE to be worn at all times during jobs
Quest will be monitoring the situation daily and keeping updated with advice from the government – making changes or restrictions as the situation develops.