Operating from our Nationwide Depots, Quest are ideally situated to assist you with any Blocked Drains or Drainage issues for both domestic and commercial customers.
What can cause a Blocked Drain?
There are three types of common issues that can be the reason you have a blocked drain or problems with your water flow. These include:
- Build-up of solid liquids, e.g. fat, grease and oils that have cooled down and become a solid. This soon effects the water flow and can cause major issues.
- Build-up of non-flushable items e.g. wet wipes and nappies. These items build up and form a block before water starts to backup.
- Outside Factors e.g. Tree Root Infestation, or structural damage, easily identified by our CCTV Drain Surveys
How do I know if my drain is blocked?
You might not notice any signs of a blocked drain straight away depending on the scale of the blockage. If you have identified any of the below, you should Contact Quest.
- Smelling Pipes
- Slow-draining sink, shower or bath
- Glugging plugholes
- Rising water in the toilet when you flush
- Reflux in your system e.g. Water coming back up the plug hole.
- Overflowing manholes
If you noticing any of the above then it’s worth considering expert advice to determine whether you have a blocked drain. Quest will respond to your call and perform a drain inspection before the situation get’s worse. The earlier you discover a blocked drain, the easier it is to prevent any further damage.