Class 1 HGV Driver required for immediate start to support ongoing utilities response contracts.
Vacuum Tanker experience desirable but not essential.
The position of the HGV Tanker Operative is to primarily work on our Tanker rigs, completing liquid waste movements. This is mostly as part of our contract with the local water authority, moving loads from water recycling centres and pumping stations as required. Work requests can also be for wet well and sewage tank emptying. There are also multiple opportunities to be involved and assist in larger scale projects taking place in other departments within the company, such as tank cleaning and waste disposal.
Purpose of the Role
The position of Class 1 Tanker HGV Operative is to primarily run Tankers, as well as assisting other departments within the company.
- Running and working on Tankers. Primarily Class 1 Vacuum Tankers for this role.
- Ability to work on all Tankers on the fleet
- Other aspects of drainage including but not limited to:
- High Pressure Water Jetting – Van Pack
- High Pressure Water Jetting – Recycler
- Deep Suction Tanker – Tank Cleans
- CCTV Surveys – working with CCTV Surveyor
- Working in confined spaces
Thorough completion of site/works information on a tablet device
Carry out work in line with company health and safety policy and procedures
Good time management and working efficiently
Completing Drivers Hours Books and Vehicle Checks
General maintenance and upkeep of vehicles and equipment
Be part of the out of hours rota
Undertake all training and development as required.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £12.50-£13.50 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- Health & wellbeing programme
- On-site gym
- Store discount
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Driving: 1 year (preferred)
- HGV Driving Licence (required)
- Driver CPC (required)
- Tacho Card (required)